USA, 2016 / 3 min / Without dialogue / Animation
A little boy defies a storm to fish for shooting stars.
A grandfather and his grandson provide an entire coastal town with starlight from their market stall. One night, their supplies run out, and young boy has to take his boat and face the dangers of the ocean to bring back a new miraculous catch and keep their business going. To do so, he will have to rely on his creativity.
|Thu||07/03||09:15||Ciné Utopia||WITHOUT DIALOGUE||Scolaire||http://www.luxfilmfest.lu/en/registration-films-workshops|
|Fri||15/03||09:15||Ciné Utopia||WITHOUT DIALOGUE||Scolaire||http://www.luxfilmfest.lu/en/registration-films-workshops|
|Sun||17/03||16:00||Ciné Utopia||WITHOUT DIALOGUE||Public||https://ticket.luxembourg-ticket.lu/luxfilmfest/webticket/shop?event=26542&kassi...|
- Best Animation, New Filmmakers Los Angeles, 2016 (USA)
- Award of Merit, Best Shorts Competition, 2016 (USA)
- Best Animated Short, Toronto Short Films Festival, 2017 (Canada)
- Award of Merit, Accolade Global Film Competition, 2017 (USA)
- Award of Merit, Global Shorts, 2017 (USA)
- Best Animation, Honolulu Film Awards, 2017 (USA)
- Best Animation, Brazil International Film Festival 2017 (Brazil)
- Silver Palm Award, Mexico International Film Festival, 2017 (Mexico)
- Audience Award – Best Animation, Woods Hole Film Festival, 2017 (USA)
- Best Animation Short, San Francisco World’s Animation Festival, 2017 (USA)
- First Prize Animated Film, Film Crash Festival, 2017 (USA)
- Best Animation Film, Best Film Awards, 2017 (Romania)
- Platinum Reel Award - Animated Film Competition, Nevada International Film Festival, 2017 (USA)
Han Zhang was born and raised in Shenzhen, China. He received his BFA from the Chinese Academy of Art, specialising as a 2D animator, and his MFA in traditional animation from the Academy of Art University. As an animator, Han explores different visual styles to bring characters to life. Stars (2016) is his final year film project.
- 2016 – Stars (short)