The 2021 Jurys
This year, LuxFilmFest decided to avoid inviting international guests to Luxembourg, including the jurys. However, it was important to us to ensure that the deliberations for the GRAND PRIX - by ORANGE could take place physically, face to face, instead of holding a videoconference. This is why we chose to put together a jury made up of personalities based out of Paris. Their deliberations will thus take place in a salon in the French capital. We are happy and proud that in this context, leading professionals have joined us.
For this 11th edition, the INTERNATIONAL JURY will be presided by French actor and director Sandrine Bonnaire:
Actor, Director – France
President of the International Jury
Sandrine Bonnaire began her acting career at the age of 15 in Maurice Pialat’s À nos amours, which earned her a César for Most Promising Actress. She has been working with the biggest names in cinema for more than three decades: Jacques Rivette, André Téchiné, Raymond Depardon, Régis Wargnier, Brian de Palma, and Agnès Varda. For Claude Chabrol’s La Cérémonie, she was awarded the Volpi Cup for Best Actress at the Venice Film Festival in 1995. In 2012, she moved behind the camera and directed her first fiction feature, J’enrage de son absence.
The other members of the International Jury are:
- LOLITA CHAMMAH, Actor – France
- MARIE-ANGE LUCIANI, Producer – France
- GILLES MARCHAND, Director, Screenwriter – France
- MOUNIA MEDDOUR, Director – France, Algeria
- FINNEGAN OLDFIELD, Actor – France, United Kingdom
- CHRISTINA SCHAFFER, Production Designer – Luxembourg, Germany
Please find the full profiles of the International Jury's different members here.
The winner of the DOCUMENTARY AWARD - by BGL BNP PARIBAS on the hand will be chosen by the EUROPA FILM FESTIVALS federation which groups the following festivals together:
- Galway Film Fleadh, Ireland
- Luxembourg City Film Festival, Luxembourg (exempted from voting)
- Belfast Film Festival, Northern Ireland
- Reykjavik International Film Festival, Iceland
- Gijón International Film Festival, Spain
- Noordelijk Film Festival, Netherlands
- Filmfest Hamburg, Germany
- Athens International Film Festival, Greece
- Geneva International Film Festival, Switzerland
- Festival de Films CINEMANIA, Montréal, Canada
- Midnight Sun Film Festival, Finland
- Festival International du Film Indépendant de Bordeaux, France
Europa Film Festivals originated from a Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture project whose members first met at a conference during the Galway Film Fleadh in 2017. The network’s primary purpose is to formalise a system for sharing information, strategies and culture amongst festivals representing a strong voice in Europe.