INTERNATIONAL HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE DAY 2020
Discussions and film screenings about the Holocaust as part of the Remembrance Day of the liberation of Auschwitz.
For the upcoming International Holocaust Remembrance Day, the Luxembourg City Film Festival, the Foundation Zentrum fir politesch Bildung, the Ministère de l’Éducation nationale, de l’Enfance et de la Jeunesse, the Centre National de l’Audiovisuel, the SCRIPT and IFEN are organising several screenings of films about the Holocaust and the crimes against humanity committed under the Nazi regime.
A public screening of Train of Life (Train de vie) (DE) will be held on 29th January 2020 at 8 pm at the Kulturhuef in Grevenmacher, in the presence of one of the main actors, Rufus.
A second public screening will take place at the Cinémathèque in Luxembourg-City on 31st January at 8.30pm when Alain Resnais’s classic documentary Night and Fog (Nuit et brouillard) (FR OV with EN subt.) will be shown. This screening will be followed by a discussion with two researchers of the University of Luxembourg, Gian Maria Tore and Christoph Brüll.
Tickets for both screenings will be available on the websites of the Kulturhuef and the Cinémathèque, as well as on Luxfilmfest.lu in January.
From 20th to 31st January, several morning school screenings (starting at 8.15 am) of Wunderkinder by Markus Rosenmüller (DE OV) and Lore by Cate Shortland (DE OV with FR & NL subt.) are also going to be held across Luxembourg.
- Lore, on 20/01 in Dudelange at the Centre national de l’audiovisuel (CNA)
- Wunderkinder, on 20/01 in Dudelange at the Centre national de l’audiovisuel (CNA)
- Wunderkinder, on 22/01 in Grevenmacher at Kulturhuef
- Lore, on 22/01 in Echternach at Ciné Sura
- Wunderkinder, on 24/01 in Luxembourg at the Cinémathèque
- Lore, on 24/01 in Grevenmacher at Kulturhuef
- Lore, on 27/01 in Diekirch at Ciné Scala
- Wunderkinder, on 27/01 in Diekirch at Ciné Scala
- Lore, on 29/01 in Esch-sur-Alzette at the Kulturfabrik
- Wunderkinder, on 29/01 in Wiltz at Prabbeli
- Lore, on 31/01 in Luxembourg at the Cinémathèque
- Wunderkinder, on 31/01 in Esch-sur-Alzette at the Kulturfabrik
Free admission for Luxembourg secondary school classes. After the screenings, film experts of the CNA will contextualise the films and go deeper into the subject matter in different workshops and discussions. Teachers can sign their students up via the ZpB’s website or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is available on our page dedicated to the Holocaust Remembrance Day.