United States, 2021 / 101 min / OV English with French & Dutch subt. / Drama, Sci-fi
When Yang, an artificially intelligent android malfunctions, a father’s quest to repair him eventually becomes a process where he discovers the life that has been passing in front of him, reconnecting with his wife and daughter across a distance he didn't know was there.
|Sat||12/03||19:00||Kinepolis Kirchberg||ENG OV||Projection privée||https://luxfilmfestfilms.megatix.be/en/HO00004377?locationFilters=LFFKI&dateTime...|
"This is a film of transporting grace and compassion, cerebral but never cold. It’s no small compliment to say that After Yang seems almost like an American sci-fi movie that Ozu or Kore-eda might have made." The Hollywood Reporter
- Official Competition, Un Certain Regard, Cannes Film Festival, 2021 (France)
- Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film Prize, Sundance Film Festival, 2022 (USA)
- Official Selection, Un Certain Regard, Cannes Film Festival, 2021 (France)
- Official Selection, Spotlight, Sundance, 2021 (USA)
Kogonada is a director and writer, known for Columbus (2017), After Yang (2021) and What Is Neorealism? (2013).
- 2021 - After Yang
- 2017 - Columbus
- 2013 - What Is Neorealism?