THE BEAR WHO SWALLOWED A FLY (L’OURS QUI AVALA UNE MOUCHE)
France, Belgium, 2020 / 7 min / French OV / Animation
After swallowing a fly, a bear gets annoyed by its buzzing in his belly.
A bear is sleeping peacefully in the woods when he accidentally swallows a fly. He can't stand it buzzing around in his belly. A squirrel advises him to swallow a frog... who ends up croaking inside him. The bear then swallows a grass snake whose wriggling tickles him. Next is a heron whose beak prickles him. What lengths will he have to go to to stop this torture?
The screenings on 05/03 at 10.00 , on 08/03 at 10.15 and on 12/03 at 10.00 unfortunately had to be cancelled.
Pascale Hecquet, born in 1978 in Charleroi, Belgium, is a graphic designer, illustrator and filmmaker, Her animated short films have toured the world on festivals and received several prizes. Five of her films, The Giant Carrot (2014), The Runaway Biscuit (2015), The Law of the Jungle (2015), The Penguin (2016) and The Big Bad Wolf is Back (2019), were released in cinemas as part of short film programmes by Les Films du Nord. Pascale Hecquet is particularly interested in making films for young audiences. Her aim is both to make people laugh and to offer a light-hearted approach to some issues that are important for children.
- 2020 – L’ours qui avala une mouche (short)
- 2020 – Dame tartine aux fruits (short)
- 2019 – Le retour du grand méchant loup (short)
- 2018 – Aglaé la pipelette (short)
- 2016 – Le Pingouin (short)
- 2015 – La Loi du plus fort (short)
- 2015 – La galette court toujours (short)
- 2011 – Duo de volailles, sauce chasseur (short)
- 2009 – De si près (short)
- 2007 – La Carotte géante (short)
- 2007 – Une girafe sous la pluie (short)