Birds Of Passage
Belgique, 2015 / 84 min / French OV and French OV with German dubbing / Fiction
A family film about the desire to be normal.
For Cathy it is not always easy to be born on February 29th, especially when you get a duck egg to hatch for a gift. Cathy and her best friend Margaux, who is confined to a wheelchair, really want to take care of the little duckling, but the parents decide to get rid of the animal. As the duckling is quite likely to end up as canned cat food, Cathy and Margaux set out on an adventurous journey to rescue it.
|Thu||25/02||10:15||Cinémathèque||FR dubbed DE||Scolaire||https://www.luxfilmfest.lu/en/registration-films-workshops|
|Fri||26/02||09:00||Cinémathèque||FR dubbed DE||Scolaire||https://www.luxfilmfest.lu/en/registration-films-workshops|
“Birds of Passage, in terms of both its content and its style, is a realistic film for children, which is a rare enough phenomenon to be noteworthy. The movie contains no special effects or magic, but instead features kids who create their own adventure for themselves, and parents who find out that there are several ways to actually be parents. It is a family film about the desire to be normal, the need to be independent, family, friendship and responsibility.” Aurore Engelen, Cineuropa.org, 01/04/2015
- European Children’s Film Award – Schlingel International Film Festival, 2015 (Germany)
- Grand Prize for Best European Film for Children - Berlinale, 2016 (Germany)
- International Jury Award – Buster Film Festival for Children and Youth, 2015 (Denmark)
- Grand Prix – Montréal International Film Festival for Children, 2015 (Canada)
- Grand Prix – Tokyo International Film Festival – Kineko, 2015 (Japan)
- Bambino Gesù Hospital Award – Festival di Giffoni, 2015 (Italy)
- Golden Slipper – Zlín Film Festival, 2015 (Czech Republic)
- Audience Favorite – Carrousel International du Film de Rimouski, 2015 (Canada)
Born in Brussels in 1961, Olivier Ringer began his career as a camera assistant for Jean Badal and Henri Alekan among others. In 1987 he directed his first short film “Haute Pression" followed by numerous television films. He directed the feature films: “Pom” starring Richard Bohringer and “On The Sly” (Luxembourg City Film Festival 2012) which won numerous awards.
- 2015, Les Oiseaux de Passage
- 2011, À Pas de Loup
- 2006, Pom le Poulain
- 1987, Haute Pression