France, 2019 / 82 min / French OV (FR OV) / Family, Fantasy
The story of a caterpillar who dreams of becoming a butterfly.
Welcome to a land that is not found on any map: the home of insects, the Earth’s most modest and inconspicuous inhabitants. The natives of this micro world share their secrets, their problems and their joy with us, and invite to an amazing spectacle with unusual and completely unexpected performances. On our journey, we’ll meet a tiny caterpillar who – in a nod to Hans Christian Andersen’s Ugly Duckling – has been mocked throughout his youth and dreams of becoming a butterfly to finally be admired as the majestic insect he sees in himself.
|Thu||10/03||09:15||Ciné Utopia||FR OV||Scolaire||https://luxfilmfestfilms.megatix.be/en/HO00003278?locationFilters=LFFCU&dateTime...|
Irina Fontaine is a French-Russian writer, director and journalist born in 1960 in Georgia. At the age of seventeen, she moved to Saint Petersburg to study Fine Arts. After starting her career as a journalist, she turned towards documentary filmmaking, specialising in factual television programmes as both an author and director. She has been living in France since 1991, producing more than 20 documentary features and short fiction films highlighting the relationship between animals and humans. In 2012, she founded 6ème Sens Production.
- 2019 – Butterflymania
- 2014 – L'âme sœur (short)
- 2011 – Une sorcière pas comme les autres (documentary short)
- 2010 – Valse exotique en hiver sibérien (documentary short)
- 2010 – Tsar du pôle nord (documentary short)
- 2010 – Grande aventure de Matvei Chparo (documentary)
- 2010 – L’arche de Valentin (documentary short)
- 2010 – Gardiens de l’Ermitage (documentary short)
- 2010 – Grâce à nous (documentary)
- 2009 – Comme nous, faites avec nous, faites mieux que nous… (documentary)
- 2008 – L’île de la correspondance (documentary)
- 2005 – Le dernier sauveteur survécu (documentary)