DEEPNESS OF THE FRY
Denmark , 2019 / 4 min / English OV with English subt. / Animation
An existential crisis in film form.
Deepness of the Fry is an absurd existential crisis disguised as a collage film. Living in a world where everything’s already been said, felt, and done before, can anyone truly be unique? And is thinking about this too much really a good idea?
|Sat||14/03||16:30||Ciné Utopia||EN OV with EN subt.||https://ticket.luxembourg-ticket.lu/luxfilmfest/webticket/shop?event=28762&kassi...|
- Best Editing Award and Best Film Idea Award, The Golden Egg, 2019 (Sweden)
- Special Mention of the Jury, Fano International Film Festival, 2019 (Italy)
- Miguel Guillem Award for the Best Experimental Short Film, Prime the Animation, 2019 (Spain)
- Jury Diploma for the Most Special and Unique Film, The International Animation Film Festival KROK, 2019 (Ukraine)
- Special Mention for an International Student Animated Short, The Animattikon Project International Animation Festival, 2019 (Greece)
August Niclasen is a Danish animation film director, editor, character animator and artist from Copenhagen. He studied at The Animation Workshop in Denmark from 2015 to 2019. Despite having directed several films, his animated short Deepness of the Fry (2019) is his first official release and has won several awards or was screened at numerous festivals such as Annecy International Animation Film Festival, the Anibar Animation Festival in Kosovo and Odense Film Festival in Denmark.
- 2019 – Deepness of the Fry (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2015 – Two Love (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2014 – Beyond Good & Evil (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)