DOUBLE TROUBLE AND THE MAGICAL MIRROR (UNHEIMLICH PERFEKTE FREUNDE)
Germany , 2019 / 92 min / German OV / Comedy
When two friends meet their perfect doppelgängers, they come to realise that perfection isn’t always the solution.
Frido, like many kids his age, is a little lazy in school, unlike his best friend Emil who excels in class. One day, at a town fair, the two boys discover a magical mirror that creates doubles of themselves that are just perfect at everything they are not. When the two doubles offer their services to Emil and Frido, first and foremost to skip school while raising their grades, the two friends can’t believe their luck. Finally, they’ll be able to live up to their ambitious parents’ expectations! After a while, the doppelgängers start taking more and more control over their lives, clearly nursing a plan of their own. Slowly but surely, the friends realise that they miss their old lives and decide to take action by setting up a trap that will have the doubles return into the mirror.
|Thu||05/03||09:15||Ciné Utopia||DE OV||Scolaire||http://www.luxfilmfest.lu/en/registration-films-workshops|
|Thu||05/03||09:15||Ciné Utopia||DE OV||Public||https://ticket.luxembourg-ticket.lu/luxfilmfest/webticket/shop?event=28718&kassi...|
Marcus H. Rosenmüller was born in 1973 in Tegernsee, Germany, and studied at the University of Television and Film in Munich. After several years of working in theatre, and directing shorts, he had his breakthrough with Grave Decisions (2006) on which he worked as director and screenwriter. The film was commercially successful in Germany and won several renowned awards, among others Filmfest Munich’s Young German Cinema Award, the German Film Award for Best Director and Best Script, as well as the Bavarian Film Award as Promising Director. He has since directed several historical films, often set in Bavaria, as well as successful comedies featuring young protagonists. In July 2019, he was awarded the Bavarian Order of Merit.
- 2019 – Unheimlich perfekte Freunde
- 2018 – Trautmann
- 2015 – Hubert von Goisern – Brenna tuat’s schon lang (documentaire / documentary / Dokumentarfilm)
- 2014-2017 – Auf dem Nockernberg (3 épisodes de la série TV / 3 episodes of the TV series / 3 Folgen der Fernsehserie)
- 2014 – Beste Chance
- 2012 – Wer’s glaubt wird selig
- 2012 – Pension Freiheit
- 2011 – Sommer der Gaukler
- 2011 – Sommer in Orange
- 2010 – LaBrassBanda - Habe di Ehre Übersee (documentaire / documentary / Dokumentarfilm)
- 2009 – Die Perlmutterfarbe
- 2008 – Räuber Kneißl
- 2008 – Beste Gegend
- 2007 – Beste Zeit
- 2006 – Schwere Jungs
- 2006 – Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot
- 2003-2004 – Irgendwo in Bayern (3 épisodes de la série TV documentaire / 3 episodes of the documentary TV series / 3 Folgen der Dokumentarfernsehserie)