Spain, 2020 / 15 min / Without dialogue / Animation
A bird blows away its fears and spreads its wings.
Fly is the story of a bird with a deformed wing that prevents him from migrating. Abandoned by his flock, he sinks into despair. But everything changes the day he meets Pio-Pio, a defenseless chick that brings him joy and a sense of purpose. This leads the bird to chase his wildest dream, to fly.
- Best Animation Short Nomination, Goya Awards, 2021 (Spain)
- Honorable mention for a moving story about the power of love, Festival Animaevka, 2021 (Belarus)
- Best 3D Animation, BanjaLuka Animated Festival, 2021 (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
- Best Animation Film, Tri-cities International Film Festival, 2021 (United States)
- Best Animation Short, Certamen de Creación Audiovisual de Cabra, 2021 (Spain)
- Best Short Film of the Elements, 3+ section, Giffoni Film Festival, 2021 (Italy)
Carlos Gómez-Mira Sagrado founded Thinkwild Studios in 2009 with the desire to create a studio where creativity and passion for audiovisuals and animation in particular prevailed. Throughout his career he has directed a multitude of audiovisual projects, ranging from animation and motion graphics to filming advertisements and video clips through the design of presentations and multimedia experiences both nationally and internationally. Fly is his second short film.
- 2020, Fly (short)
- 2020, Mishou (short)
- 2016, Bango (short)
- 2015, Natural Novel in 8 Chapters (short)
- 2012, Rising Hope (short)
- 2007, My Happy End (short)