Luxembourg, Germany, 2016 / 6 min / Without words / Dance
A personal and hopeful story of the fight against cancer.
After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, Élodie turned her suffering and fears into a creative fight against the disease and the debilitating effects of the treatments used. Her latest work, Iridescence, is the personal story of her fight against cancer and the way she found to deal with the disease in a creative and hopeful manner. It's also a way of giving back and handing on the positive vibes that she's received from friends, family and strangers during the course of her disease.
|Mon||26/02||19:00||Kinepolis Kirchberg||Without words||Public||https://ticket.luxembourg-ticket.lu/luxfilmfest/webticket/bestseatselect?languag...|
- Best Dance Video – PAMA - Paris Arts and Movie Awards, 2017 (France)
- Jury Prize – MYAward Music Video Competition, 2017 (Austria)
- Overachiever Award (Best Student Video) – Austin Music Video Festival, 2017 (USA)
- Best Experimental Short Film – UN WOMEN – San Francisco Film Festival, 2017 (USA)
- Best Music Video - Harlem International Film Festival, 2017 (USA)
After finishing at the European School in Luxembourg, Eileen Byrne (*1984) first studied theatre at the University of Winchester (UK) before starting her studies in theatre, music and history of art at Munich University. Script supervisor, 3rd assistant director and production assistant on several film productions, she quickly realised her passion for film. In 2007, she was accepted at the Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film in Munich, where she studied film directing. Whilst studying she made several short films selected in international festivals.
- 2016 - Iridescence (short)
- 2013 - Eloge (short)
- 2011 - Legal.Illegal (short)
- 2008 - Mena (short)
- 2008 - Pas de deux (short)
- 2008 - La Nuit passée (short)