Switzerland, 2018 / 8 min / Without dialogue / Animation, Short
A story about a tadpole who always falls a little bit behind.
A tadpole somehow misses out on becoming a frog and is left behind, alone. But there is much to discover in the pond and spring is sure to come again next year. A little story about growing up.
- Family Competition Award, Glas Animation Film Festival, 2019
- Hermina Tirlova Award, Zlin Fest Children and Youth, 2018 (Czech Republic)
- Junior Jury Award, Animage, International Animation Festival of Pernambuco, 2018 (Brazil)
- Best International Animated Short, CineKid Amsterdam, 2018 (The Netherlands)
- Innerschweizer Filmpreis for Production, 2019 (Switzerland)
Swiss animator Nils Hedinger (Bern, Switzerland, 1986) is best known for his comedic, yet cannibalistic short film Timber (2017). Hedinger’s recent work includes short parodying pieces of animation in the feature film Disordered (2019). His animated film Kuap (Mountainfilm, 2020) tells the story of a tadpole who misses out on becoming a frog and is left behind.
- 2020 – Disordered (Documentary)
- 2018 – Kuap (short)
- 2018 – Miles Away (short)
- 2014 – Timber (short)
- 2012 – Bon Voyage (short)
- 2010 – Yuri (short)