The Little Bird and the Bees
Switzerland, 2020 / 5 min / French version (FR) / Animation
A little bird who cannot yet fly is being followed by a hungry and clumsy fox
High up in a tree, a tiny bird is enjoying the flowers of a maple tree when a mysterious humming sound leads him into a magical world of flowers. A fiery fox notices the bird and starts to follow him. On his trail, the clumsy and starving fox encounters some hard-working bees, who bring him a rather unpleasant surprise.
- Best Short Film, Vilnius International Festival, 2021 (Lithuania)
- Prix du cinema Suisse, Académie du Cinéma Suisse, 2021 (Switzerland)
- Sicaf Kids, Seoul International Cartoon and Animation Festival, 2020 (South Korea)
- Audience Award, Filmfest Bremen, 2020 (Germany)
Lena von Döhren was born in Berlin. After a two-year trip around the world, she studied audiovisual communication at the Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam. She obtained her Master’s degree in animation at the Lucerne University of Arts. Lena is a director, animator and illustrator. Her most recent works include four episodes of The Little Bird, which celebrated their premiere at the Berlinale. Her illustrated children’s book, Schau mal meine Freunde, was published by NordSüd Verlag (CH/USA). In 2013, Lena founded the 2linkehände project with Raphael Beck, focusing on upcycling and silk screen on organic fashion. In 2018, she launched the Klirrr project with Eva Rust, upcycling dishes using hand printing technology and painting. Since 2019, Lena has been working to expand the Little Bird quatrology into a series of 54 episodes. Lena lives with her two kids in Lucerne.
- 2020 – The Little Bird and the Bees (court-métrage)
- 2017 – The Little Bird and the Caterpillar (court-métrage)
- 2014 – The Little Bird and the Squirrel (court-métrage)
- 2012 – The Little Bird and the Leaf (court-métrage)