France , 2019 / 12 min / French OV with English subt. / animation, drama, fantasy
A touching film about Alzheimer’s disease and how it changes your life.
Louis, an artist, and his wife Michelle have been experiencing strange events for a little while now. The world around them seems to be changing. Slowly, furniture, objects, and people become less real. They deconstruct, disintegrate. And Louis believes he’s living in 1965. Life could be quite peaceful, except that Alzheimer’s disease is disrupting the couple’s routines.
This story is inspired by the life of the Dutch painter William Utermohlen.
|Sat||14/03||16:30||Ciné Utopia||FR OV with EN subt.||https://ticket.luxembourg-ticket.lu/luxfilmfest/webticket/shop?event=28762&kassi...|
“It’s refreshing to see a stop-motion drama that’s aimed at adults and covering a sensitive topic that I’m sure resonates with many. Memorable is a piece of Art with heart and feeling that will be very hard to forget.” Amy Baker, Skwigly Online Animation Magazine, 28/08/19
- Cristal for the Best Short, Festival International du Film d’Animation d’Annecy, 2019 (France)
- Junior Jury Award for a Short Film, Festival International du Film d’Animation d’Annecy, 2019 (France)
- Audience Award, Festival International du Film d’Animation d’Annecy, 2019 (France)
- Best Animated Short, CoLCoA French Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
- Prix Honorifique – Compétition Belle-Idée, Animatou, 2019 (Switzerland)
- Audience Award, Cinanima, 2019 (Portugal)
- Special Jury Mention, International Animation Film Festival of Yerevan, 2019 (Armenia)
- Audience Award, Anim’Est, 2019 (Romania)
Born in Brittany in 1965, Bruno Collet receives his diploma in fine arts from the Beaux-Arts in Rennes in 1990. He works as a set designer on many stop-motion films, series and music videos. His first short, Le dos au mur (2001), wins an award at the Semaine de la Critique in Cannes. He keeps producing several series and stop-motion films until the American TV channel Turner Classic Movie commissions him to create the miniseries Rest in Peace (2005), a humoristic bent on the misfortunes of a film buff turned serial killer. In 2007 he follows up with The Day of Glory… a nightmarish vision of the trenches during World War I, and in 2009 with The Little Dragon, a humorous take on Bruce Lee 38 years after his death. In 2014, he directs the official trailer for the Annecy International Animation Film Festival. Bruno Collet is currently working on the script for his first animated feature.
- 2019 – Mémorable (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2012 – Son Indochine (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2010 – Petits Joueurs (série TV / TV series / Fernsehserie)
- 2009 – Le petit dragon (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2008 – Pleine Lune
- 2007 – Le jour de gloire… (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2005 – Rest in Peace (mini-série TV / TV miniseries / Fernsehminiserie)
- 2004 – Calypso is Like So (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2003 – La tête dans le guidon (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2001 – Le dos au mur (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 1999 – Une grand-mère en hiver (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 1997 – Man with Pendulous Arms (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)