PREPARATIONS TO BE TOGETHER FOR AN UNKNOWN PERIOD OF TIME (FELKÉSZÜLÉS MEGHATÁROZATLAN IDEIG TARTÓ EGYÜTTLÉTRE)
Hungary, 2020 / 94 min / Hungarian OV with English subt. / Drama, Romance
When Márta returns to Budapest to be with the love of her life, the man claims the two have never met.
Márta, a 40-year-old Hungarian neurosurgeon, falls in love. After twenty years in the United States, she leaves her shining career behind and returns to Budapest for a romantic rendezvous with János, a fellow doctor she met at a conference in New Jersey. At the Liberty Bridge, Márta waits for him in vain, the love of her life is nowhere to be seen. She starts to search form him desperately and when she finally tracks him down, the bewildered man claims the two have never met. Determined to solve the enigma, Márta takes a position at a hospital where she is treated as an outsider and must endure real and perceived slights, while also navigating a no man’s land separating love from madness.
|Sun||07/03||16:30||Cinémathèque||HU OV with EN subt.||Public||https://luxfilmfestfilms.megatix.be/en/HO00003381|
- Best Actress for Natasa Stork, Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, 2020 (Turkey)
- New Directors Competition Gold Hugo, Chicago International Film Festival, 2020 (USA)
- Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature, Philadelphia Film Festival, 2020 (USA)
- Best New Director, Valladolid International Film Festival, 2020 (Spain)
- Best Actress for Natasa Stork, Valladolid International Film Festival, 2020 (Spain)
- Best Film, Valladolid International Film Festival, 2020 (Spain)
- FIPRESCI Prize, Warsaw International Film Festival, 2020 (Poland)
Born in 1982 in Budapest, Hungary, Lili Horvát studied audiovisual arts at the Sorbonne Nouvelle in Paris and film directing at the University of Theatre and Film in Budapest. She shot several short films over the last couple of years and won awards at national and international short film festivals. The Wednesday Child (2015), her first feature won the East of the West competition at the 50th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. In 2016, Lili Horvát co-founded the production company Poste Restante which produced her second feature, Preparations to Be Together for an Unknown Period of Time (2020), which already won several prizes.
- 2020 – Felkészülés meghatározatlan ideig tartó együttlétre
- 2015 – The Wednesday Child
- 2009 – Hajónapló: Hazafelé (1 episode of the TV series)
- 2009 – Napszúrás (short)
- 2007 – Uszodai tolvaj (short)
- 2007 – Budapest ostroma (TV series)
- 2006 – Vakáció (short)