RACCOON AND THE LIGHT
USA, 2018 / 4 min / without words / Animation
A raccoon finds a torch in the woods.
One night, in the heart of the forest, a raccoon meets a strange creature. A little magical, a little scary, but such good company... He will spend an amusing night with his new friend, the torch. Thanks to his torch, our raccoon hero discovers the marvels of technology. At night, he comes to see how useful light can be, especially against predators.
The school screenings on 04/03 AM at 10:30, on 08/03 at 8:45 AM, on 10/03 at 10:30 AM, on 11/03 at 10:30 and on 12/03 at 11:00 AM unfortunately had to be cancelled.
|Sun||07/03||14:00||Ciné Utopia||Without words||Public||https://luxfilmfestfilms.megatix.be/en/HO00003234|
- Gold Medal, Student Academy Awards, 2018 (USA)
- Jack Larson Student Filmmaker Award, Fine Cut Festival of Films, 2018 (USA)
- First Place in Animation, Josiah Media Festival, 2018 (USA)
- Jury Prize, Paris International Animation Film Festival, 2018 (France)
- Netizen Choice Award, Bucheon International Animation Festival, 2018 (South Korea)
- Outstanding Animated Film, Short Circuit Pacific Rim Film Festival, 2020 (Canada)
- Honourable Mention, Ortometraggi Film Festival, 2018 (Italy)
Hanna Kim is originally from Seoul. She loved to draw from an early age and has a deep love for animals which shines through her cinematographic work. She studied character animation at the California Institute of the Arts, where she developed her newfound passion for design and narrative storytelling. During her studies, she directed several short films such as Raccoon and the Light (2018) and After School (2019). She graduated in 2019 and is currently designing storyboards for DreamWorks Animation.
- 2019 – After School (short)
- 2018 – Voilà! (short)
- 2018 – Raccoon and the light (short)
- 2017 – Homesick (short)