SHEEP, WOLF AND A CUP OF TEA… (MOUTONS, LOUP ET TASSE DE THÉ…)
France, 2019 / 13 min / without words / Animation
After a nocturnal ritual, a child’s room is besieged by sheep.
At night, while the rest of the family indulge in curious rituals before going to sleep, a child invokes a wolf from the bottom of a box hidden under its bed. Disturbing sheep then besiege the door of the bedroom.
“A hypnotic and sensorial animated night tale of bedtime rituals that progressively flows into sleep, snoring and dreams. Marion Lacourt’s choreographed universe of lines, colors and sounds is brought into movement and awakes the forms and figures of the night, escaping from dreams and hidden boxes… The immersive soundtrack and creative metamorphoses of the drawings lead to a surrealistic and almost psychedelic ballet of endless possibilities.” Tizian Büchi, Locarno Film Festival
The school screenings on 04/03 at 9:30, on 08/03 at 10:00, on 10/03 at 11:00 and on 11/03 at 10:00 unfortunately had to be cancelled.
|Sat||13/03||14:00||Ciné Utopia||Without words||Public||https://luxfilmfestfilms.megatix.be/en/HO00003363|
- Emile-Reynaud Prize, Festival des Premiers Plans d’Angers, 2019 (France)
- Best Short Film, IndieCork Film Festival, 2019 (Ireland)
- Procirep's Award, Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, 2020 (France)
- Audience Award, International Short Film Festival Psarokokalo, 2020 (Greece)
- Procirep’s Award, Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, 2020 (France)
Marion Lacourt is an illustrator, engraver and filmmaker based in Paris. She graduated from the École nationale supérieure des Arts Décoratifs (ENSAD) in Paris, after studying lithography at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg. In 2014, she directed the short film Page d'écriture based on a poem by Jacques Prévert as part of the TV show En sortant de l'école. Sheep, Wolf and a Cup of Tea… (2019) is her first professional film.
- 2017 – Moutons, loup et tasse de thé… (short)
- 2014 – Page d’écriture (short)