THE SHORT HISTORY OF THE LONG ROAD
USA, 2019 / 93 min / English OV / drama
A teenage girl who feels home on the open road takes a trip that might change her way of life.
Teenage Nola grew up living out of a van with her beloved father Clint, two nomads against the world. The pair criss-cross the United States in a lovingly refurbished RV, making ends meet through odd jobs while relishing their independence. When tragedy strikes, Nola is confronted by the reality that life as an outsider may not be her only choice. She must engage with others to integrate herself into a society she has never known. She makes her way to Albuquerque, New Mexico in search of a mother she never knew, only for her motorhome to break down unexpectedly. As she slowly expands the relationships in her life, she is faced with the decision to get off the road for the first time, or to forge onward – with only her wits and memories as her road map.
- Jury Mention for the Best Screenplay, Tribeca Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
- Jury Award Best for the Performance – Sabrina Carpenter, Scad Savannah Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
- Jury Award for the Best New Mexico Narrative Feature, Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
Raised in Paris and based New York, Ani Simon-Kennedy is a feature film, documentary, and commercial director. After working on several projects in the camera and art departments, she assisted director Wes Anderson, which cemented her love for directing. Her first short, Sea Full of Hooks (2011), screened at the Cannes Short Film Corner. In 2011, Ani Simon-Kennedy co-founded Bicephaly Pictures, a production company that focuses on web series and branded content. At the company, she collaborates with cinematographer Cailin Yatsko on socially-conscious stories. Her first feature film, Days of Gray (2013), played at top festivals around the world, including the Luxembourg City Film Festival in 2014. Her second narrative feature, The Short History of the Long Road (2019) premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
- 2019 – The Short History of the Long Road
- 2019 – A Touch of Sugar (court-métrage documentaire / documentary short / Dokumentarkurzfilm)
- 2019 – Unstoppable: Equal Pay (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2016 – Sleep Thight (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2016 – Hench (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)
- 2015 – Nicodemus (court-métrage documentaire / documentary short / Dokumentarkurzfilm)
- 2013 – Days of Gray
- 2011 – A Sea Full of Hooks (court-métrage / short / Kurzfilm)