TALES FROM THE LAKESIDE (LENGEMESÉK)
Hungary, 2017 / 70 min / French version (FR) / family, adventure
A tiny hero uses his curiosity and wit to save the lake where he lives.
The green Verdies are the tiny but brave guardians of the lakeside. Once their hair turns brown, they are old enough to assume their responsibilities as guardians, but until then, life is boring. The youngsters with green hair are not allowed to fly on warblers, not allowed to row alone, and they're not allowed to ride wild frogs at the rodeo. Willy's big dream is to join the ranks of the guardians, but his curiosity always gets him into trouble. However, the whole lake is threatened when the Grimps, the Verdies’ enemies, and the swans enter into an alliance. Willy must come up with a daring plan to save his home. Luckily, he can count on the help of his grandfather, the grass snake and the tree frogs to bring peace back to the marshlands.
- Best Animated Feature Film, Hungarian Film Critics Awards, 2018 (Hungary)
- Best Animation Feature Film, MONTECINE Montevideo World Film Festival, 2018 (Uruguay)
- Best Animation Film, Los Angeles Screen Award, 2018 (USA)
- Animation Jury Award & Children's Jury Award, 34th Annual Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, 2017 (USA)
- Best Animation Film, South Film and Arts Academy Festival (SFAAF), 2017 (Chile)
Zsolt Pálfi was born in Budapest in 1972. He began his career as an animator for Pannonia Film Studio in 1991. As an animator, he has worked on many projects including Babar: King of the Elephants (1999), Pettson and Findus (1999) and Princess of the Sun (2007). Zsolt Pálfi teaches animation at the Budapest University of Theatre and Film Arts and is currently working as Animation Director at Cinemon Entertainment Studio where he is currently concentrating on the second installment of Tales from the Lakeside (2018).
- 2018 – Lengemesék 2 – Tél a Nádtengeren
- 2017 – Lengemesék
- 2015 – Lengemesék (1 episode of the TV series)
- 2014 – Zanza.tv (TV series)