A TIGER WITH NO STRIPES (LE TIGRE SANS RAYURES)
France, 2018 / 9 min / without words / Animation
A young tiger is looking for his stripes.
A young tiger enjoys himself in the savannah, bathing in the warm yellow sunlight. But when he notices two hyenas giggling at him, he believes that something is wrong with him: He is lacking stripes. Annoyed, he decides to take a long journey in the hope of finding his stripes.
The school screenings on 04/03 at 10:00 AM, on 05/03 at 10:30 AM, on 08/03 at 10:30 AM, on 09/03 at 10:30 AM and on 12/03 à 10h30 AM unfortunately had to be cancelled.
- Honourable Mention, Festival Curtas Vila do Conde, 2019 (Portugal)
- Audience Award for the Best Animated Short for Children Aged 4 to 8, Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños, 2019 (Mexico)
- Best Pre-school Short Film, FAN Chile, 2019 (Chile)
- Best Animated Film for Young Audiences, Ottawa International Animation Festival, 2019 (Canada)
- Best Production for Early Childhood, Chicago International Children's Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
- Honourable Mention, Hsin-Yi Children's Animation Awards, 2019 (Taiwan)
- Best Animated Short, Kids Film Festival, 2019 (India)
- Best Animated Short, Bellingham Children’s Film Festival, 2019 (USA)
Raúl Robin Morales Reyes is a Mexican author, director, designer, musician and dancer. After studying graphic design at UNAM University in Mexico City, he directed the award-winning short film The Trumpeteer in 2012. He then directed Amicus (2014), followed by Las Piezas del Rompecabezas (2017). A Tiger With No Stripes (2018) is his fourth film for which he won the Ciclic and Folimage Residence Award in Annecy.
- 2018 – Le Tigre sans rayures (short)
- 2017 – Las Piezas del Rompecabezas (short)
- 2014 – Amicus (short)
- 2016 – El trompetista (short)