TRICKY WOMEN / TRICKY REALITIES
With: Eni Brandner, Anna Vasof, Bady Minck, Suzan Noesen
Moderator: Hélène Walland
In partnership with : Austrian Embassy in Luxembourg, AMOUR FOU Luxembourg
Support: Œuvre Nationale de Secours Grande-Duchesse Charlotte
Venue: Festival Headquarters, Casino Luxembourg – Forum d’art contemporain
Price: Free entry, subject to availability
Date: 8/03 - 4pm-6pm
Screening of 8 animated short films by female directors from or living in Austria that were previously shown at the Tricky Women Festival in Vienna, the only festival in the world dedicated to the work of female animation directors. The festival’s aim is to provide access to animated films directed by women and their unlimited aesthetical vision.
The shorts are taken from the programme “Grenzgänge und Lichtblicke” which translates to “Bright Spots & Pushing Boundaries”. What is particularly remarkable about the films is how well the artists succeed in briefly and succinctly summarising important socio-political issues. The programme includes:
- Muybridge’s Disobedient Horses by Anna Vasof (2018 – 4’30’’)
- Noch bist du da / You are still there by Ingrid Gaier (2017 – 4’16’’)
- Knagglig by Amelie Schlöglhofer (2017 – 2’33‘‘)
- Wegstücke / Lanes by Evelyn Kreinecker (2017 – 5’)
- How to Adapt by María Chalela-Puccini (2017 – 1’25’’)
- Nachsaison / Late Season by Daniela Leitner (2017 – 7’26’’)
- Glimpse of the Future by Marlene Heidinger, Maité Kalita, Silvia Knödlstorfer, Ji-yoon Lee, Esther Martens, Andreas Neudecker, Sebastian Doringer, Lucia de Quiqueran-Beaujeu, Amelie Schlölghofer (2017 – 3’16’’)
- Me-LOG by Eni Brandner (2018 – 6’52’’)
The screening will be followed by a round table with the directors Eni Brandner and Anna Vasof, as well as Bady Minck of the production company Amour Fou and the Luxembourgish artist Suzan Noesen who will present the excerpt Chapitre trois : Les psaumes pénitentiels from her film Livre d'heures. The round table will be moderated by Hélène Walland, founder of Wild Fang Films and curator of queer-feminist films for the association queer loox.
After the debate, a cocktail will be offered by the Austrian Embassy.